As per a request from the ace Kate who says stuff, this is a blast from the past off an older blog of mine for theMenu Monday Linkup. I can't believe I made these for breakfast, how funny!! I was eyeing up the golden syrup in the pantry last night and decided there wasn't enough to make these - but I think I'll try and make them before we head off on our big adventure. That said, last night we had rice pudding with chocolate sauce so maybe we've had our sickly dessert quota of late!
I must admit I have a soft spot for daggy aussie food. My SuperSIL brought a lot of these foods into my repertoire, and she cooks them a lot better than me - chowmein, curried sausages, while I rock the apricot chicken!
So we had golden syrup dumplings for breakfast because I craved something sweet last night, had nothing, thought of gsd, and was too lazy to make them. There's no bread for my daily toast due to BrightSpark eating it last night, so was a perfect storm for making such a rich dessert for breakkie lol
sauce 1 1/3 water, 1/3 gsyrup, 3/4 brown sugar, 30g butter/marg
dumplings 1 1/4 sr flour, 30g butter, 1/3 milk, 1/3 gsyrup.
- put the sauce ingredients in a pot on a stove and set to low while you make the dumplings
- rub the butter into the flour, add milk and gsyrup, mix it up :)
- once the sauce is simmering, take two spoons and plop as even as possible size dumplings into the sauce. will look disastrous but have faith.
- simmer with the lid on for 20 mins.
- serve with cream or icecream :)